May, 2023 Schedule

In May I had fifteen days off and 84 hours of pay.

1. ORF-ORD, ORD-BOS, BOS-IAD
  2. Off
  3. Off
  4. Off
  5. IAD-IAH, IAH-PTY
  6. PTY-IAH, IAH-AUS
  7. AUS-IAD
  8. Off
  9. Off
  10. IAD-SFO, SFO-SAN
  11. SAN-IAD, IAD-ORF
  12. All day in ORF
  13. ORF-IAD, IAD-IAH, IAH-IAD
  14. Off
  15. Off
  16. IAD-EWR, EWR-SAV, SAV-EWR
  17. EWR-PHX
  18. PHX-IAD
  19. Off
  20. Off
  21. Off
  22. IAD-DEN, DEN-ELP
  23. ELP-IAH, IAH-ORD
  24. ORD-RSW, RSW-IAD
  25. Off
  26. Off
  27. Off
  28. Off
  29. Off
  30. IAD-DEN, DEN-DTW
7 Likes

Chris, I was trying to understand what your seniority situation is. If I understand correctly, you have been at your company for approximately 2 years and you are an IAD 737 captain. Is that correct?
I am considering your company out of IAD. I am getting ready to leave the military.
I also noticed all day off in ORF twice in the past few months. I live very close to ORF and it would be a home day if that is common. Is that very common?
Thanks,
Matt

Matt,

I’m sure Chris will chime in but Chris has been at United (formerly at Continental) for about 17yrs.

Again Chris can give you details but if you’re thinking you’ll be a United 737 Capt in 2 yrs that’s not going to happen.

Adam

Matthew,

Adam is right, I have been with United for about seventeen years. I have been a Captain since 2017 and am about halfway up the IAD 737 Captain list.

I live near ORF as well (Smithfield area), I bid these overnights because I go home on them. They come and go, we have had them for the past few months, but now they are gone for next month. I will say, they go rather senior as there are a fair number of UAL pilots that live in Tidewater.

Chris

Thank you for the info. I was in no way assuming I would be Capt in 2 years. Perhaps poorly worded on my part. I am considering IAD/DC area as a base and I didn’t know long it would take to get “halfway up the Capt list.” I know airline life is a balance of a less desirable base and seniority. Perhaps I just should have asked how senior IAD is.

I am just considering United in 2 years. No fantasy of being Capt in a great base that quick. Just wanted to know if it would be 4 years or 20 years to get that schedule.
Thanks.

Thank you for the help Chris. I live in E-City just a bit to the south of official Tidewater. I appreciate you posting your schedule. How is commuting from ORF to IAD/DCA/BWI? Do you drive or fly?
-Matt