Overseas Flight Experience

Hello everyone, I’m the newbie on ATP. So my name is Toby and I’m currently living in Australia with my Dad (he’s American) and we will be moving to the States in 1.5 year after I finished High School. I’ve been taking flying lessons from a local airport with around 60 hours, and I’m expecting a checkride in 3 weeks. So does my flight experience in Australia count towards the FAA PPL? or do I have to do some paperwork with the FAA to verify my flight experience? Thank you guys!!!

Definitely some paperwork involved with this:

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/foreign_license_verification/

1 Like

Toby,

Flight time is flight time. So, that always counts towards something. To receive an FAA issued PPL you will need to take an FAA checkride in the states.

In order to do that you’ll need to comply with the same requirements listed in the FARs as everyone else. Refer to the FAR/AIM under FAR Subpart E-Private Pilots to review the full list of applicable requirements.

Tory

1 Like

Thank you everyone for replying, and yes the checkride in Australia is not yet booked due to the number of available examiners so I might just obtain an FAA issued PPL while I’m in the states. And once again, thank you everyone for replying!

1 Like

Hi,I’m also new. I did my PPL 15 years back now I want to come back to aviation and complete CPL please let me know if I can see you in person for joining ATP.

I live in Fremont I can come today or tomorrow at Livermore address as on website .

Looking forward for your kind co operation.

Thank you

Hima.

Hima,

Chris (and the other mentors like myself on this forum) are all airline Capt in various parts of the country. While we’re all successful ATP grads, meeting with you wouldn’t have anything to do with your enrolment. If you want more information I recommend you visit the ATP website (www.atpflightschool.com) or call ATP directly (800-All-ATPS). You can ask whatever you like and also set up a visit and an intro flight if you so desire. I also recommend you visit our FAQ section.

Adam

Thank you very much,

Will definitely do accordingly.

Hima.

Hima,

If you would like to visit one of the locations, please call the 800 number and set up an appointment. I would not recommend just stopping by as the instructors could easily be busy with teaching or flying.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Sure will take appointment as after reading FAQ still have questions??

Thank you

Hima.