Paying and Financing

Can I utilize any military benefits to fund my schooling with ATP? If so, what are my options? Is there in-house financing available?

Marcus,

Due to ATPs accelerated timeline, you may only use your benefits for checkride fees (approx $9k).

While I understand the desire to have your training payed for, the money you would lose by delaying training with a non-accelerated program would be many times more than the price of training.

Adam

Are the checkride fees covered under Sallie Mae loans or can we take an extra but if loan to cover those? I’m building an emergency fund right now but starting to worry it won’t last through training.

Checkride fees may be covered provided you take out sufficient funds to do so (and of course have the credit). If you’re simply taking out a loan for the program cost they are not included in that number.

Adam

Martin,

I believe you can factor in extra funding in the loan to cover checkride fees, typically funds would be dispersed at request. Any financial questions we recommend reaching out to ATP Finance Department.

Brady

Okay, I knew they weren’t included in the program fee.

Martin,

If you haven’t applied for financing yet you can add the cost of examiners fees in to your loan. Check out the page below. You can add housing, training materials and a living expense stipend. All depends on how much of a loan you get approved for.

Hannah

I applied a few months ago and got approved for all I asked for. I’ll probably have to apply again since I haven’t signed up yet.

Martin,

I’d check with your loan advisor before applying again. I think your loan is good for quite a while.

Hannah

Yeah, will do. I just did the pre approval for the intro flight back in late April. Going for my medical on October 9.

Martin,

Your financial application should be good for 9-12 months, I would clarify that with the loan servicer/ATP.

Brady