Piloting my dream career

I am young student having passion for aviation,piloting to be precise.Am about pursue a degree or a national diploma in mechanical engineering incase i am unable to make it to the world of aviation.Please do you think running this commercial pilot thing is a right decision for me having in mind that am at average when it comes to finance.

Jeremiah,

No one but you can decide if aviation is worth the investment.

Adam

1 Like

Jeremiah,

I also want to make sure that you understand that in order to work in the
US as a pilot you will have to be a US citizen or US permanent resident.

Tory

1 Like

I know about that sir.

@Adam @Tory Am a boy of 17years,i have always have this special desire for piloting as a career but due to incapability of my parent to finance my ambition,i am having thought of going for either a national diploma or a b.sc in mechanical engineering which is 2years and 5years respectively.My fear is won’t it be late to pursue my dream after going for the engineering course, or will it be wise to For scholarship or loan grants to pursue it from this moment?

Jeremiah,

As you say, you’re a “boy of 17years” and at 17 there’s no such thing as “too late”. Frankly even if you had the means I would still recommend you continue your education in something other than aviation as a back up plan and once you complete your degree THEN begin your flight training. 5 years from now you’ll be 22 and still be ahead of most pilots beginning their training.

Adam

1 Like

Jeremiah,

That’s still a very young age to begin flight training. I was 25 when I
started. There are some people that don’t start until their 50’s and they
still have a chance of getting hired at an airline. The difference is that,
at your young age, you’ll have a much higher chance of getting hired at a
major.

Tory

1 Like

Am very grateful over this priceless advice

my sincere gratitude to u sir