Professional contacts or work experience with Taos Air or Advanced Air LLC

Hello everyone. I’m just beginning my journey in aviation and have to juggle that journey with my wife’s career as a physician. She was recently hired for a job that will allow us to live in Taos, NM, which is where we want to live, however, I’m trying to get an idea for the pilot job prospects in the region. There is a company called Advanced Air, LLC which operates Taos Air and has a few direct routes which cater to bringing skiers directly to Taos and it actually seems like it would be a great fit for me if I were to be able to get a job with them. Does anyone have any contacts or experience with this company?

Brett,

I am not familiar with Advanced Airlines. I see that while they fly into Taos, they are based out of Hawthorne, CA and it seems like their crews are all based there.

https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6165992.careers?CareersSearch&InFrameset=1&HostedBy=www.advancedaircharters.com

1 Like

Brett,

Coincidentally, my sim partner flew for Advanced Air and he was Hawthorne, CA based. Flew King Airs for them. Did mostly government contract flying for them.

I’ll do my best to get more info on Advanced Air from him if you’re interested.

If so, what specific questions do you have?

Tory

1 Like

Thanks, Tory. It appears that their crews are based out of Hawthorne. I was wondering if they had a Taos-based crew because I’m trying to get a sense of my future job prospects out of Taos.

They do not.

Here’s a map of airline domiciles: Airline Domiciles Map / ATP Flight School

Tory

Brett,

I think there will be very little, if any at all, job opportunities to be based as a pilot in Taos. Most pilots are based in large cities, Taos has a population of 5,900. Even with some vacation traffic, that is not usually anywhere near sufficient to drive a need for pilots.

Chris

Brett,

I am New Mexico born and raised, have family in aviation, and have researched on my own potential pilot jobs within the state, and fixed wing pilot jobs are pretty bleak in New Mexico, (most jobs are in ABQ). There may be lots of operations going on within the state, but getting/finding a base in New Mexico is a whole different cat. If your willing to commute to ABQ (about 2.5 hours by car) you may find a corporate job with a base but that’s about it.

Maddox