Question for current airline pilots!

This is not related to ATP, but I was curious about whether or not airline pilots owned their own planes.

Most of us have a passion for flying, which is why we pursue this career. I was curious if any of you are planning on getting your own plane in the future, just to fly on your free time with friends and family. Or if the amount of flying you currently do fulfills you enough to not want to own your own plane.

Just a random question and wanted see what you all thought! Thanks

Justin,

Good question. I would say that most pilots do not own their own airplanes. I have been spoiled by having every single piece of technology possible available to me and with two turbo fan engines to boot. I do not have any interest in little airplanes any longer, I like flying high and fast. That being said, there are plenty of pilots that do own small airplanes, it is all just personal preference.

Chris

Justin,

Most of the pilots I know who own their own planes usually own something “interesting” (bush planes, aerobatic, warbirds, etc.). Few use them for transportation, it’s more just a love of the sky.

Adam