Returning to training with limited funds. Focus on CFI or multi

Hello there,
My name is David, I’ve been away from training for 5 years. I hold a PPL, CPL with instrument rating. I have about 300 hrs. looking for advice on should I focus on a multi or my CFI. Before I stopped training in 2013 I was about 1/3-1/2 way thru CFI Training. I have enough funds to do one or the other. I do want to get my CFI but I’m worried about the cost of the multi training if I do that second. Advice on what would make the most since. Reason for the question is I hear/see that multi time is very important when trying to advance and be competitive.
Thanks

David,

I would check around in my area and see who’s hiring and for what. If there are flight schools that need instructors get your CFI. If there are some small check flying or charter gigs that require a multi do that. The idea is to start working and building time AND get paid rather than paying more money.

Adam

Thanks Adam, my gut is telling me do the CFI. I just got a re-start date for May at Hillsboro Aviation in Oregon. The recruiter is telling me they are turning out CFI’s quickly and really good opportunities for employment as a CFI.(feeder to Horizon) Then Il use the 25% employee discount for my multi… If all works out.
Safe Flying
David

David,

Sounds good. Keep us posted and you too.

Adam