Schooling?

Hello I am Christian. I am very interested in this school. I am 16 years old I am in route of my private license. I am confused on if this is a school/ college , or do I have to come in with a degree. Thank you!

Christian,

ATP is a full-time flight school that offers accelerated training. It is not a college or university. In order to enroll you need either your PPL or a 2yr degree.

Adam

Adam,
thank you so much! l am looking forward to becoming a full-time pilot!

Christian,

Take some time and look around the FAQ section of this website, there is some information that you need to read there.

Chris

If have recently graduated from high school, I cannot enter the program from zero time?

Not without a Private Pilot license with a min of 80 hours, or 2 years of
college or equivalent work experience.

This requirement was implemented for the benefit of everyone involved.
Historically, recent high school grads that have not met the minimum
requirements listed above have not been able to consistently demonstrate
their ability to be successful in the program.

Tory

when you say two years of college, do you mean credit-wise or a two year associates degree because in respect to credits I am in my sophomore year.

Thank you for all of your timely responses troy!

cameron

Two years of college credits will suffice. You’re welcome.

Are you taking college credits while you’re in high school?

Tory

Cameron,

As always, the admissions department has the final say on all such things. Make sure you call them to discuss your specific situation.

Chris

I did yes.

cameron

Good for you, Cameron. I wish I had done the same when I was in high school. Check with the admissions department to verify that your college credits are acceptable.

Tory

1 Like