Short Distance Options

Are there many options for pilots who want to be home (most) nights or maybe 2 week on 2 week off options for pilots? This is in respect to once you are looking for a job with 1500+ hours.

Hunter,

Are we talking airline (Part 121) or aerial photography/survey work (Part 91) gigs? Some airlines are now trying to model day trips (i.e., Allegiant and Frontier? are two of the ones I think that come to mind). Whether that’s working well or how it works out, I don’t know… earning reports for companies should soon be finalized if the fiscal year comes to a close for them.

Brady

Hunter,

Most airlines do not offer day trips and those that do the trips go VERY senior. Same goes with get weeks off unless you want to bid Reserve for a while.

Adam

I believe Allegiant and Frontier have that model and a lot of European carriers I’ve heard are modelled that way, but as far as I’ve seen your regionals like Skywest, Envoy, etc, are 3-4 day trips and similar with the majors like Southwest, United, etc.

Hunter,

If you want to do mostly day turns, Allegiant and Frontier have more to offer. If you’re looking for 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off that will be part 135 charter operations like Netjets and some cargo carriers.

Hannah