Should I know things going into atp

I’m thinking about going to atp flight school soon is there any information I should study or know about beforehand? Or will I be fine walking in day one with no knowledge

John,

The main thing you need to know is if you really want to fly airplanes!

While this may sound obvious, it absolutely blows my mind how many people make the decision to start training at ATP, and have never sat at the controls of a small training airplane. Many people believe they want to be pilots, but if you’ve never actually flown (and no, I’m not talking about sitting in the back of a 787 going on vacation) you really don’t know for sure. So if that’s the case, before do anything else you need to take an intro flight or lesson.

Beyond that we always recommend you complete as many of the FAA Knowledge exams you can before you start.

Adam

Thanks Adam I really appreciate it I’m going to get approved for financing and start my intro flight asap!

John,

The aspiration of becoming a pilot is that of many others like yourself. The difference between you and another is maybe you enjoy it while they don’t. As Adam said, you need to find out if you really want to fly airplanes. I would recommend taking a few Introductory Flight/lessons at your local airport if you’re unsure or uneasy after an introductory flight. After that, once you have an idea of an enrollment date, you must complete an Admissions Flight at ATP, be accepted and then choose a start date, work on the FAA Knowledge Exams. I wouldn’t start studying for them any sooner than 9 months from your expected start date at ATP, they expire after 24 calendar months.

Brady

Ok thanks Brady

Can I be pointed in the direction of exams we should complete before day one please. I viewed the FAQ hoping to find one there.

Starla,

This link is to our FAQ section. It’s actually the second FAQ.

Adam

Thank you so much, I saw Airman my thoughts went directly to check Airman lol. My oversight completely, again thank you.