Starting ATP program

Hello everyone,
I’m Khamsho Chamling, and I’m majoring in aviation and aerospace management and plan to graduate this December. However, I have always dreamed of flying, and when I started my campus in 2019, my actual major was aviation and aerospace science as a professional flight officer, but because of COVID-19, it delayed my flight school, and I thought I fell behind and changed my major to aviation management. I wanted to keep pursuing a pilot career after I graduated. I found an ATP flight school program that says it’s the fastest track for pilots who want to fly commercially. I was interested in the ATP program and how long it would take me to complete ATP flight school and become a commercial pilot because I have no prior flying experience. What kind of career would I be able to have once I finish the ATP flight school? What credentials and flight hours are required in order to work with airlines? I would appreciate the feedback you provide.

Khamsho,

Everything you need to know about ATP is readily available on their site, I’ve linked below a direct link to the information you need to know:

You will need 1,500 hours of flight time to be an applicant for the Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate, which is broken down into various paragraphs and sections under 14 CFR Part 61.153-.159. To build flight time, most pilots will instruct; however, some take various routes of aerial photography, banner towing, skydiving, etc. along with charter/corporate routes.

Brady

1 Like

Khamsho,

The links Brady gave you will answer all your questions. To be honest whenever I see a post like yours I get a little concerned. Flight training will require you to become adept and researching and finding answers on your own.

I recommend you spend some QT on the ATP website where there’s a wealth of information and then come back with more specific questions.

Adam

1 Like

Thank you for the information, Brady and Adam. This was part of my assignment for my classes as well, so I appreciate your response to my post.