Starting my electronic log book

I’m just starting my electronic flight log after receiving my PPL last year. I’m now at different school and location than I started my flight training. I’m choosing to do my flight book under Fore flight, but It asks for the instructor’s signature before it will add that portion into my logbook. Should I just start from where I am currently and go from there or should I ignore the signature portion? Any ideas or recommendations? Thanks in advance!

I’d add all the past entries if it’s not to much work, so the totals add up, skip the instructor signature from everything at the old flight school but every new entry, do the signature. Just make sure you keep the paper logbook as record does past endorsements and signatures and I’d probably bring the paper one to any checkride in case the examiner checks etc

Jeff,

There’s no way to get around the digital signature. You can either forward the totals or enter your previous time line by line. Either way, the signature field will be blank. Do not lose your paper logbook. Anyone that asks to verify your time will need to see the paper copy as well as your electronic logbook.

Tory

Jeff,

I would start your electronic logbook from where you are now, inputing in the old totals. Make absolutely sure to keep your original logbook and to bring it to any checkrides and interviews.

Chris

1 Like