Student needing help

Hi,

I’m an international student currently studying in the US in High School, however I know that it is practically impossible to get a job in the U.S. without a green card and citizenship, so I think I’ll just do my FAA here and the EASA in Sweden and maybe come back to the US on a EB-2 NIW visa after I gain some experience. However I wonder, does anyone know how the job market is in Europe and if it’s hard to get a job in EU? and my second question is, Is it really practically impossible to get a job as a pilot without a green card/citizenship or are there any ways?

I hope my question were clear enough.

Best Regards

Armin,

Since you’re still in high school, we first recommend you completing college before pursuing flight training. At that point, you need to ask yourself where you want to end up. If it’s flying for a U.S. Airline, you need to secure a green card first. Then do all your ratings here through the FAA. If you want to fly in Europe, then go there and do all your training in the country you wish to pursue employment. Transferring ratings is possible but it’s costly and can be rather complicated.

Hannah

Armin,

You cannot work as a pilot (even instructor) in the US without being a citizen or have permanent resident status.

Adam