Tattoos commercial pilot

Hey guys! I recently received my part 107 commercial drone license and am looking to also get my commercial pilot license. Will tattoos be a problem?

Thanks!

Matthew,

Tattoos are not a problem at all, as long as they can’t be seen. EVERY airline in the US has a restriction on “visible tattoos”. If the can’t be hidden by the uniform it’s a no go.

Adam

If I had a hand tattoo and cover it up would that be fine? Like with makeup?

Thank you,
Matthew Gresty
704-796-6277

Asking because I read some forums from pilots that just use makeup on their hand to cover.

Thank you,
Matthew Gresty
704-796-6277

Plan on wearing that makeup for your interview, training, and every day you work.

Personally I’d stick with drones :grinning:

Adam

Matthew,

Fortunately, there is a thing called tattoo removal, is the process worth it - that’s going to be determined by you. Putting ‘makeup’ on my hand when it will sweat and come in contact with a YOKE that is PUBLICALLY touched by many other individuals does not sound sanitary (even though sanitizer is a thing). I’m not a germophobe, but that just does not sound pleasing.

If I had to choose between a tattoo and job, a job would be worth more than ink.

Brady

Matthew,

Technically you could get by like that for a little while. It sounds like a huge distraction to make sure it constantly stays covered and bringing extra makeup in your flight bag to reapply throughout the day. If you’re serious about being an airline pilot, I’d invest in getting it removed.

Hannah