Tattoo coverup

I have 2 tattoos on my face, tattoos around my neck and 1 tattoo on my right hand. My question is:
May I use tattoo waterproof coverup makeup to always keep them covered and not visible. Also, the makeup is visible as a sort of makeup (clearly);is this acceptable with makeup visible but not tattoos?

Thank you

Dylan,

ALL US airlines have a strict no visible tattoo policy. How you cover them is your business BUT know if the makeup is apparent, questions may be asked which could affect your hiring.

Adam

1 Like

Thank you Adam for taking the time to answer both of my questions. Thank you and God Bless.

Dylan,

I would plan on laser removal for the tattoos, or finding another career field. I do not believe we even allow ramp personnel to have face tattoos, let alone groups that face the public. I would think that makeup would not cut it on a hot, sweaty day. As for the gold teeth, while not prohibited by any policy that I am aware of, it might be difficult to get through an interview.

Chris

2 Likes

Ok, where should I begin?

Thank you so much for your very helpful response and thank you so much for enlightening me about the pilot career “culture”. However, I believe such a responsibility should actually be based on merits, equivalency, aptitude, honesty and many more good qualities that have absolutely nothing to do with gold teeth. I have owned and operated a skilled licensed Assisted Living Facility as well as Nurse Registry and Private group home. I have owned and operated a licensed Property Preservation Co. I have owned and operated ADT Home security Authorized dealerships and I currently drive a gas tanker; I know a little thing or two of responsibility and authority, maybe even more than you sir, I dare to say. Please do not write off my good qualities simply because of my gold teeth sir. No offense taken. God Bless.

P.S

Dylan, I don’t see anyone here dismissing your merits based on your appearance. I’ve flown with plenty of pilots that have tattoos but all of them are covered by clothing (I imagine it’s not always fun to do a walk around with a long sleeve shirt on a summer day in Phoenix or Vegas). The mentors are conveying what the airline policies and hiring expectations are and nothing more. Until those change, removal is your only option.

1 Like

Dylan,

You can believe whatever you like, I am simply telling you what the policies are and what the culture is. If you want to spend $100k on an education that you will not be able to use, go for it, but we warned you.

As for the rest of your soliloquy, it does do matter how you feel the industry should run, you are on the outside looking in and you do not get to determine the culture that already exists and no, you will not change it either. The rest of your work experience does not matter either, the airlines look to hire qualified pilots that will fit into their corporate cultures, it does not matter how many ADT franchises you owned, you either fit the part or you do not. We can argue about the fairness of this all day long, but you came on here asking questions and I gave you straight, honest advice. Do with it what you may.

Chris

1 Like

Thank you sir

No one here is making those decisions. We may or may not agree. Doesn’t matter. The people doing the hiring and making the policies make that decision. And someday maybe things like that will change.

1 Like

Dylan,

Between your two posts, you asked our opinion and we gave you an educated one based on experience in the industry. You might not like the response but it’s a truthful one. Don’t be upset with us, it is what it is. You can chose whether or not you want to make the necessary changes to pursue this industry or not.

Hannah

1 Like

Definitely not upset. Thank you and God Bless.