Transition from Airline Career Pilot Program to 100+ hour Multi Engine Program

Has anyone gotten eligibility for upgrading to the 100+ hours Multi Engine Rating while you are going through your Airline Career Pilot Program? If so, did you need to update your tuition arrangements, or did you have to make a new one as you are nearing completion with your original program?

Vincent,

The 2 programs have different footprints with the majority of the training being in the twin with the 100hr ME program. I’ve never heard of anyone “upgrading” during the program and I don’t believe it’s possible (you’d have to check with ATP admin to be certain). You’d also have to make sure the 100hr program is available at the location of your choice.

You’re best off making that decision prior to starting your training based on your goals.

Adam

Vincent,

You either start on the 100 hour program, or start the regular program. It would be difficult to switch in between. I have to ask, what is causing you to consider the 100 hours of multi option?

Chris

I need to be honest here Chris, I was asking this question because while I was going through the programs ATP provided, I found the information that you could upgrade to the 100+hour from the Airline Career Pilot Program. I only wanted to find out if someone could upgrade once he/she is eligible.

Vincent,

I think you might be getting a little bogged down in the terms. You can select to start either the standard program, or the 100 hour program. You just apply to the program and then decide once accepted.

Chris

Ok, thanks Chris. I guess I won’t know for sure until I am actually in the program. Glad to know this beforehand. Would’ve helped with my choices in the long run even before I start.

Vincent,

To clarify, you either start on the 100 hour multi track or on the standard track, you will need to know which you want to do before you begin the program.

Chris