United September Schedule

United September Schedule

September was my first month based in DC. It’s a tri-base for UAL which means it’s primarily IAD but we also have trips out of DCA and BWI as well. This month I had one BWI trip and the rest were out of IAD.

I also had my new hire 6 month check. I got first class positive space travel to and from Denver, had a practice sim session on day one and then a Maneuvers validation on day 2. It went well, a huge sigh of relief for a probationary pilot. In all, I flew 77 hours, got paid for 98.5 hours and had 12 days off.

1:CLT-ORD-CVG
2:CVG-ORD-IAH-IAD
3: OFF
4:BWI-DEN-SEA
5:SEA-ORD-MCI
6:MCI-ORD-BWI
7: OFF
8: OFF
9:OFF
10:OFF
11:OFF
12: IAD-MSY-EWR
13:EWR-MCO-IAD
14: IAD-CLE-IAD-ORD
15:ORD-BUF-ORD-MEM
16:MEM-ORD-BNA
17:BNA-SFO-*DH IAD
18:OFF
19:OFF
20:OFF
21:OFF
22: CQ TRAINING
23: CQ TRAINING
24: TRAVEL HOME FROM CQ
25:OFF
26:OFF
27: IAD-LAX
28: LAX-IAH-TPA
29:TPA-ORD-BOS
30:BOS-IAD-CLE-IAD

9 Likes

Hannah,

It looks like a nice schedule for the month! For the 6 month check, is that just a probationary check for new hires, or does everyone complete a brief training/checking session every 6 months? I’m guessing you are on probation for just the first year? For us, we do a 6, 9, and 12 month probation check with the chief pilot’s office, which is just a sit down review of your performance and captain reports, followed by normal recurrent training in the sim after a year. How are you liking the 737 so far? I hear mixed things from current/former pilots about the 737, but it looks like a great airplane!

Roscoe

Hannah,

What do the colors mean in the schedule? Like the green bars for example? Along with that, what does the asterisk and “TFL” mean?

Thanks, Dillon

@RoscoeL New hires are required to meet with the chief and review probationary pilot reports as well as return to the training center for an MV at 6 months. After that, it’s a sim event every 9 months.

I’m loving the guppy! The route structure is great, I’m really enjoy flying the airplane and it’s a great fleet to get acclimated with United operations. It’s got its quirks but overall I think it’s a perfect blend of more advanced automation (compared to the CRJ) but still requiring more pilot manipulation than other fleets.

Hannah

1 Like

@platinum TFL is just the code for the protected day off to travel home from my CQ training. As for the calendar colors, generally speaking the navy blocks are duty time for the day and green is layover time over a 24 hour lateral timeline.

Hannah

1 Like