Vaccinations

Are airline pilots generally required to have the Covid vaccine?

I vaguely remember this Covid “thing” was a REALLY big deal but apparently we’ve moved on…

Adam

3 Likes

Thank you, Adam

I was wondering the same thing if the airlines were still holding onto it or not. My dad, who chaplains at the regional hospital, said they dropped the vaccine requirement for hospital staff. My current job never required it

During my HR paperwork at Piedmont Airlines, we were simply asked, “do you have the covid-19 vaccination.” If you answered yes, you could upload your vaccination card. If you answered no, no biggie, you moved onto the next question for HR purposes.

Brady

Brady,

Is that perhaps the former “Allegheny Commuter” does not leave the northeast with those baby jets?

Asking for a friend.

Chris

Chris,

I’d like to consider my Mississippi overnights later this month not to be the northeast. :slight_smile:

I think we’re finally getting towards the southeastern part of the nation more every day. Give me some winglets and bigger tanks to turn me into the XR rather than LR. :wink:

Brady

I was in the Army when they announced the mandate. Thankfully, it was repealed quickly.

Thank you. That’s good to know.

The XR was reserved for the elite pilots of a once great airline. I am just not sure if you young guys and gals would be up to the task.

1 Like

Or would appreciate it!

LOVED the XR! Most people don’t know but the plane was actually created the help of some REALLY smart guys at Xjt and therefore Xjt had exclusive rights to the mods.

Adam

1 Like