Which path do I choose to become a airline pilot?

I am a senior in High school and i want to become an airline pilot. My main worry is money.
My plan is to get a bachelors degree in anthropology (or zoology) and then going to ATP to learn to fly.
This will all be very expensive, but I really wish to achieve this dream. I have two different paths I could choose to become a pilot.

My state offers 2 years free of community college. If I go this route I’d save a lot of money, I could transfer to a University afterwards and get my bachelors. The positive of this choice is I would save a lot of money and have a better chance to work and save up money for the flight school and rest of college. However, I want the college experience, I want to meet people, join clubs, have fun which I can’t really do if I go to a community college and then transfer. The reason for why I really want this is because I need to get out of my house and make friends with common interests and just have a normal life to be happy. I am afraid if I stay longer in my house and town, I feel mentally I won’t be able to take it anymore and it could affect me academically.

My second option is to go straight to a 4 year college. This will cost a lot more money, and I risk not being able to pay/go to flight school due to financial problems. The good thing is I get to go out of my house and find happiness. It’s risky to do, because I might not be able to go to flight school (not until I am able to which might take years)

I just wanted to ask people experienced with potentially similar situations to help me with my decision.

Frank,

These are adult decisions that only you can make. The right answer seems pretty darn clear and I bet it is to you, too, but none of us are going to tell you what path to choose.

Chris

Frank,

I don’t know all of the details of your situation, but ultimately, this is your call. However, if it were me, I would think big picture and choose the most affordable route. Community colleges still have organizations, just on a smaller scale.

I went to a JC before I transferred to a 4 year and I don’t regret it. Actually, I wish I would have earned college credits during high school instead of taking the bare minimum.

Again, I don’t know your situation. So, I apologize if I’m overstepping my boundaries, but life is what you make of it. Just because you’re earning your college degree at home doesn’t mean you can’t be happy.

Tory