Which regional to interview with after ATP Airline Career Pilot Program and CFI

So I am really interested in doing ATP and I know it’s still kind of early to decide which regional airline program I want to participate in since I will have to complete the Career Pilot Program and gain flight hours as an instructor first. But I have been using this link:
https://atpflightschool.com/airlines/airlines-offering-tuition-reimbursement.html
to compare and see which regional I will eventually try to get into. I want to eventually join AA so envoy is kind of a no brainer, but I see that according to the chart they are currently not offering any tuition reimbursement which effectively makes the first year wage the lowest compared to all other airlines that offer reimbursement. With that said, do you think I should still go with envoy and take advantage of the flow through if my end state is AA? I don’t suppose you would be able to get into AA as easily if you started at a regional like Trans State (highest first year pay compared to the rest), correct?

How far out are you from getting your 1,500 hours?

If you’re at about 500+ hours right now, I’d start looking at the regional comparisons on www.aerocrewnews.com

If you are just starting your research on fast track airline career pilot programs, I’d focus on the next step in your process: 1st class medical, financing, intro flight, etc.

The hiring environment is changing so fast that your top choice today will likely change 3-4 times as you progress through the process. By the time you’re done, your priorities will likely change as well.

Joel,

It is really far out for you to be worrying about these things and by the time you are to the point of applying, things very well might have changed.

If your goal is AA, I would look at going to any of their regional carriers that have a flow through agreement. From what I understand, the vast majority of AA new hires are coming from these agreements, making it rather hard to get a job there if coming from someplace else.

Chris

@forourspam and @Chris Thanks gents for the input.

I do agree it’s still too far out for me worry about things like that but yes my goal is AA and I think very likely I will do one of their regionals. Thanks again.

Joel,

Things can and do change often. While Envoy doesn’t offer TR today they may tomorrow and those that do might not. Airlines merge, shut down, get absorbed or might not even be hiring. Much can happen in the YEARS before you’re ready. Literally no point in thinking about it at this point.

Adam