4 year degree reason in the major

hello guys,

i would like to know why majors prefer the pilots with 4 year degree. is there any reason? or many reasons?

Juan,

It’s the same reason MANY professions require one, it demonstrates an individuals ability to commit, complete and learn. The fact is that everyone in this country is required to go to school to a certain point but obtaining a degree is a voluntary commitment requiring a fair amount of work and dedication. If an airline is going to trust you with the keys to a $100mil airplane they want to see some of that.

Adam

Juan,

I am sure you can come up with examples of “people that don’t have an education, but are so smart”, but the truth of the matter is that people who are more educated tend to have a better outlook on the world and see more of the big picture. They often present themselves better, speak better and use proper capitalization and punctuation, all things that matter.

In addition to this, having a degree show dedication and a willingness to commit to something long term.

If an airline is going to trust you with 150 people’s lives, a very expensive airplane and pay you over $300,000 per year, they want that well rounded person.

Chris

thank you guys. I understand what’s the point now