A write-up on my time at ATP

Arman,

Interesting, I applied for a pipeline job once and did not get it, it does sound like rather unique flying.

Chris

1 Like

So it’s been a while, figured I’d give a real-time update. At around 1,000 hours, I applied to the regionals on airline apps and received call backs from all of the ones I applied to (this was July of 2022). At this time, the AA wholly owns were the only ones with the pay increase. I interviewed for the cadet program for an AA wholly owned and got the job! I could not have been more happy. Unfortunately, my class date was delayed (4 months) like so many others back in December when I reached my minimums due to the captain shortage. I took the time to apply to other places after ATP-CTP and the written. I received interview invitations from numerous ACMIs and one ULCC. Atlas told me I needed turbine time, ATI was happy to interview me, and ABX told me I would need to pay for my own ATP. This was all disclosed to me in the initial phone screening call. NK scheduled me for an in person interview and I got the CJO on the spot to my surprise. I guess everything happens for a reason. This would have been my #1 choice all along but I didn’t think it to be even a remote possibility for someone at my experience level. You just never know until you try! I’ll be starting in a few weeks!

1 Like

Arman,

Congratulations on Spirit, that is fantastic news! When will you be starting with them?

and again, congrats!

Chris

Thank you, Chris! Indoc is at the beginning of May!

Oh wow, nice fast start.

1 Like

Already working on these flows! haha

Congrats man! I did have to Google like every one of those acronyms! :joy: Good luck at indoc.

Thanks man! I laughed when I read that. I actually didn’t know what some of them meant until kind of recently myself.

Congrats Arman!

You never know how things will pan out.

Adam

Thanks, Adam!

That is certainly the truth.

Arman,

Congrats on the Spirit Wings class date! I’m excited to hear how your training and first trip goes with them is, please keep us tuned in. :slight_smile:

Brady

Thank you, Brady! I’m definitely nervous about going from a Cessna 310 straight into an A320, but it’s an opportunity I couldn’t pass up. I’ve heard great things about the Spirit training department, but you absolutely have to put in the work. I’ll keep you posted!

Well, passed my A320 PIC type ride today. These past few months have absolutely been the biggest challenge that I’ve ever taken on in my life. I have IOE scheduled in about a week and I’m incredibly excited for it. It will be nice to meet the plane I’ve learned so much about.

1 Like

Congrats and enjoy!

Airbus-flightdeck

Adam

7 Likes

Arman,

Congrats on the A320 type rating! Love Adam’s meme, Airbus in a nuthsell. :joy:

Brady

1 Like

Arman,

Congratulations! Enjoy that table…

Hannah
(a very happy guppy pilot)

2 Likes

Arman,

Congratulations! That is awesome!

Chris

1 Like

Arman,

Congrats on the A320 type rating! Enjoy IOE, I’m sure you’ll learn a lot on those first few flights!

Roscoe

1 Like

It’s been a while since my first flight, but it was a cool one! First time flying was in a heavy 321 (178,000 lbs) and 230 people on board with 5 FAs out of LGA. Man did that feel amazing. The picture shown is of one of our newest A321 NEOs that we flew to San Juan and back to FLL. Absolutely gorgeous plane…still smelled like a new car haha. Even got to see St. Elmo’s fire on the way back! Very exciting journey so far. Excited to travel to Colombia this week!

3 Likes

Arman,

Great picture! Glad to hear your first flight was so memorable. It’s cool how surreal it is to realize all your hard work has paid off and you’re living your dream.

Are you all consolidated and on reserve now?

Hannah