About Kyle

Hi everyone,

My name is Kyle. This section is for me to post my schedule at Atlas. I currently fly the 737 as an FO at Atlas Air. Please keep in my that my schedule is strictly for the 73. Atlas also flies the 74, 777, and the 76. They all have varying schedules, however, the 73 and the 76 are the closest matching schedules due to the fact that they both fly for Amazon.

I’m going to create a separate topic describing a few things about Atlas. But as for me, I attended ATP back in 2019. I posted my ATP experience here if you are interested in reading about my ATP journey.

After ATP as a student, I instructed at ATP in RAL for a few months before moving back home to the DFW area and instructed at GKY. I was with ATP for about 1.5 years and only at about 900 hours. It was slow going due to covid. I was in dire need to have a higher income and I came across a part 135 cargo operation through ATP’s job website. This job was at a company called Berry Aviation. It was on demand cargo and an on call schedule Monday through Friday. It was a pretty brutal schedule being able to be called at any given time of the day or night to have to go fly and work for an average of 12-14 hours.

When I hit my 1500 hours in September of 2022, most airlines still had higher hiring minimums compared to a lot of the ATP minimums nowadays. I was on the verge of making captain, but I found Atlas with their pathway program that took in low time pilots like me, paid for the ATP-CTP course as well as the ATP, and then threw us into training for the 73. It was an opportunity I couldn’t pass up.

I started at Atlas in January of 2023 and so far I’m really enjoying it. I’ll post a little more about the schedule in another topic I’m going to make about Atlas explaining a few things.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have!

2 Likes