Kyle Introduction

Hello everyone!

My name is Kyle. I’m 32 years old and I’m an upcoming FlexTrack student at the ATP Orlando campus. I am a full time firefighter/paramedic in the Orlando area. I enrolled in the FlexTrack, and I believe it will meet my needs, as my fire department shifts are a 24 on 48 off schedule. I intend to complete the program as quickly as possible and I intend to provide 4 days of availability per week. I start on 1/3, but I have been studying and since the beginning of November.

Like most of you, I have a deep seated passion for aviation, that began while I was very young. My fire department’s training center is located under the approaches for both for KMCO and KORL. Prior to enrolling at ATP, I frequently found myself looking up and wondering, “Why aren’t you flying instead?” I’ve been a full time firefighter for the last 10 years. If firefighting has taught me anything, life is very short, and you need to live it to the fullest extent possible.

I have taken the opportunity to learn as much as possible, prior to the start of my program. I appreciate all the advice provided on the forum, and I look forward to the opportunity to help other forum members in the future. See you all in the sky,

-Kyle

1 Like

Hi Kyle,

Welcome to the forum. Exciting to have made the first step in your aviation career!

Looking forward to hearing updates on your progress.

Josh

Welcome, Kyle!

I made some minor edits to your original post just because our platform does something weird with the text when indents are used. No worries!

I also moved your post to the Student Experiences section since you will be starting the program soon and this post is yours. So, feel free to add to it as you progress through the program. We love to hear from students!

As your start date approaches, I recommend reading through the forum’s FAQ section. In there you will find a plethora of helpful information, including a link to how to get ahead of the program by taking the written tests early (though not required, still a good idea if you have then time). If you can’t find the link I will send it over.

Again, welcome and congrats on your enrollment!

Tory

Thank you so much for the help. I have been reading through the forum and I thought I picked the most appropriate place to post. I’m sorry about the mistake! I have already found the FAQ section and I have used many of the responses as a framework for studying! It’s been a great resource!

1 Like

Kyle,

Np worries at all, the Student Experiences section needs moderator permission to post in anyways, so all is good.

Thank you for joining the forum, please keep us up to date as you go through the program and of course ask us any questions that you may have.

Chris

Kyle,

Welcome to the forums! I am excited as now this is the second Flex Track thread I’ve seen in the last week, which means we’ll get firsthand experience through you guys on how the program is.

First off, thank you for your service, from a fellow Firefighter (volunteer) I know the commitment you take in serving the community. The training and experience you have in firefighting have provided you to be ready to drink from a fire hose, literally.

Please keep us posted during your training, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. The forum has so much valuable knowledge, it just takes a little research to find any answer that could be out there.

Brady