Admission to ATP

Hey Pilots!

I plan on attending ATP Flight school this august however I don’t know when is the best time to apply because I will be going on vacation outside the country this summer.

I will be gone from May 24th to July 22nd and don’t know if I should apply before I leave and set my start day to my America return or if i should start the admission process when I return.

I want to start as soon as possible after my vacation so I would love your advise on what you think the best route is.

Thank you, Androu

Androu,

If you have any plans whatsoever to start in Aug, and will be gone through the end of July, you most definitely need to start the process now. You’ll need your financing approved, you’ll need your First Class medical and most important you’ll need to secure a location and start date. Locations and dates can and do fill up well in advance and you could very easily find the date and location you desire not available if you wait a mere few weeks prior. The sooner you start the process the better.

Adam

1 Like

Androu,
I believe you can set a start date as far out as 9 months in advance. I would absolutely get all your ducks in a row before you leave.
-Hannah

1 Like

Androu,

I wold apply now, but schedule a start date for after your return from vacation.

Chris