Airline background check

If I apply to a regional airline when I’m 22 yrs old (a year after I graduate from college) if/will my employer does a social media background check, will they look back to when I was 12-16 years old and will that affect their decision of whether they hire me or not? Will this also be the case with major airlines such as United or Alaska?

Emiliano,

ALL airlines now do social media checks and of course what they see will affect their decision (why else would they?). That said I wouldn’t worry about things from when you were 12-16. Unless of course they were accompanied by a criminal record or something particularly disturbing or offensive.

Adam

1 Like

Thank you. My Instagram account was hacked when i was 15 and I lost control to that account. The hacker posted a clip from an animated p*rn video And I thought about deleting that account and making a new one. The clip was immediately taken down by instagram and I was able to regain control of my account some time after but instagram said my account was at risk of being disabled. If I delete that account, can airlines still hold it against me even tho I deleted it because it was hacked?

1 Like

Emilliano,

I would not worry too much about this. People’s accounts get hacked, tings like this happen. I do not think anybody would dig that deep and that far back, just be careful moving forward.

Chris