Airline Career Pilot Program: 40-hour Multi vs. 100-hour Multi-engine Option

Thank you Hannah,

Well said, I appreciate your through response. Lots to think about, especially if I am going to come back to Alaska and fly for a flight seeing tour company.

Have a great weekend, I look forward to hearing from you again. I am sure I will have lots more questions.

Lena

1 Like

Absolutely! Thatā€™s what weā€™re here for :slight_smile:

Lena did you end up making a decision on this?

Iā€™m asking myself the same question right now, and reading back through literally five years of comments from the pilot mentors. Iā€™d be curious to what you decided.

*Me. Iā€™m leaning toward the 100+ hour, though have not pulled the trigger yet so until then Iā€™m all talk I suppose.

My thinking based on the mentorsā€™s advice is:

1. Iā€™m not 100% certain I want to go the airline route just yet.

2. I see it as more experience and an ability to learn. Iā€™m already at a professional training experience with top notch instructors, why not take advantage?

3. The money is actually a far low factor for me. Of course, money is money, and itā€™s easy for us to keep adding to the billā€¦ but I took the emotion out of it and looked it like a math equation.

For something that caught my attention initially, is available at the school I want to go to, and I believe would make me more experienced and prepared, the additional loan payment works out to $75 a month. Itā€™s 10k sure, but itā€™s not me writing a 10 check now. At a current 4% interest over 15 years, thatā€™s a couple nights out for dinner over the course of a month. Itā€™s not a lot in the grand scheme of things and for that reason Iā€™m learning toward it.

Anyway, curious on your thoughts. I was/am on the fence to which is how I found this thread
Am I wrong? Maybe, who knows. Havenā€™t decided yet. And maybe tomorrow Iā€™ll have a different opinion. Mentors have been super helpful, reading everything theyā€™ve said.

Steven,

Not sure when or if Lena will respond but if money isnā€™t an issue, I feel the 100hr ME option is well worth it. Simply put the more time you spend in a complex twin initially the better pilot youā€™ll be. Itā€™s also always good to increase your options which it does.

Adam

Adam youā€™ve been my muse over the last week. ā€œAm I too old at 38ā€¦ā€ ā†’ (reads a post by Adam) ā€œhey I started at 39!ā€

Appreciate you!

1 Like

Steven,

I think thatā€™s the first time anyone has ever called me their ā€œmuseā€ but Iā€™ll take it :wink:

Thanks for the kind words.

Adam

1 Like