Airline Pilot Carry-On

Don’t lie. You bought the UniBalls because they were on sale. :wink:

1 Like

Hold on a second here… You guys actually buy pens? I thought any good airline pilot only used hotel pens?? Any decent hotel gives out pens to their most regular customers or has them on the “executive desk” in the room. At least tell me you have one as a backup even if you don’t use it as your primary. (J/K) :rofl:

2 Likes

+1 for the Pilot G-2 0.38

2 Likes

Those cheap hotel pens are always in the pen holders in the flightdeck. They are horrible, in my opinion.

2 Likes

While all pilots are notoriously cheap, there’s cheap and then there’s REALLY cheap. Those are the guys who use the hotel pens (and also steal the hotel toilet paper). I draw the line at hotel pens (pun intended).

Adam

Btw I can’t believe how long this thread has gotten.

2 Likes

Haha. I agree. If anyone wants this thread to close, then I am good with that. I think my curiosity has been satisfied.

I actually have a follow up. I have a fair idea of the daily gear bag for each leg but I am curious about other things. It is my understanding that you will have a carry on and a flight bag for each leg but can you check or bring on another? Example if you were in a destination that had a long layover and did some shopping could you check a second bag?

Carl

1 Like

I am a hotel pen guy because I lose pens too easily. My favorite pens are from the Langham Hotel in downtown Boston.

2 Likes

Carl,

At my airline I do not believe that there is a way for crew members to check bags. Doing so sounds like a logistical nightmare and a guaranteed way to tick off the other crew members as you wait for your bag. My advice is learn to pack lighter.

1 Like

That is quite a timepiece you’re wearing. Impressive.

Thanks. It took a long time to save up for it.

2 Likes