Arrest record question

Hello, thanks ahead of time for any advice you all may have.
I am in a position after a military career pilot to apply for the airlines. Just Prior to leaving for the military, I was arrested in college during a bad breakup with a girlfriend at the time. Texts and emails were exchanged and I ended up arrested for misdemeanor stalking. A few of the items I was arrested for were not things I had done, just added by her. The next day the judge dismissed it and I left and have had a good and rewarding career in the military flying. I also have a family and have devoted my life to them. Now is over 11 years since the arrest and I am hoping to get on with a major. It was a one time mistake to engage with this person in college, and has no conviction. Thus, on most apps it asks specifically about convictions to which I have none. How should I attack this? What are my chances? Thank you for your time.

John,

While what happened is of course unfortunate, if this is in fact your only offense you’ll be fine.

Adam

John,

As the charges were dismissed, I do not think you have anything to worry about. Just answer the questions truthfully, if it asks if you have ever been convicted, the answer is no. If it asks if you have been arrested, the answer is yes. Go with the truth and you can never go wrong. I do not think this will be an issue for you.

Chris

Thank you so much for the quick replies. It is the only blemish on my record. Hoping for the best.

Now you just have to get past the stigma of being a military pilot :wink:

Adam