Arson Charge

Hello, and Good evening, I am curios as to becoming an airline pilot, though when I was 12 I was playing with fire and an empty lot had to be put out, no property damage, no one was hurt and I immediately called the fire dept. Went through the courts and had this expunged. Is this something that would hold me back?

Aaron,

If it happened when you were 12 AND you have remained squeaky clean since you should be fine. If however this was the first of a serious of crimes and there’s a pattern you will have issues.

Adam

Wow Adam,

I’ve seen you answer alot of things on here, Never thought you’d be so quick! I really appreciate the quick response. I’m 27 atm and have not been arrested since that day 15 years ago. This gives me hope as for some reason it bared me from the military about 9 years ago, when I noticed there was the FBI fingerprint check for Pilots I became worried. I have recently filled out the student loan app for ATP flight school and plan to begin my journey into Aviation.

Best Regards Aaron

Aaron,

There are no guarantees but the further you get from these digressions generally the less damning they become. Most important thing to remember is when it comes to Federal background checks there is no expunged and simply be honest.

Adam

1 Like

Aaron,

I would not worry about this, you were twelve. I doubt this even comes up and if it does the simple fact that you were twelve years old, combined with a clean record since should put you in the clear.

Chris

1 Like