ATP Curriculum and Costs

Hi, it seems like you can either be admitted to ATP either with or without your private (as there is a price difference), but will having an instrument or commercial license before coming to ATP reduce the costs any further?

Nathan,

No. There are two starting points, zero hours and PPL. You can start with more certificates, but there will not be a reduction in the length of the program or in the price.

Chris

If I have an instrument or commercial rating, or even a CFI, do you think that it is still worth going to an accelerated flight school?

Nathan,

If you come in with an instrument rating, you would have to go through the instrument training again, but I still think it would be worth it if your goal is to get to the airlines as fast as possible.

Entering with anything beyond instrument wouldn’t make sense to me. At that point you would be over half way to being a CFI. You might as well stay on the track you are on.

Tory

Nathan,

If you had your CPL and CFI what accelerated training would you want?

Adam

Nathan,

I am Instrument rated and so far it seems I’ll be going through the 50 hours of Instrument minus the Checkride. Needless to say I’ll have my ATP instrument minimums long before I even start crew training, lol. Won’t be the last of it either.

Regards,

Michael

Nathan,

You list a very wide spread there in your list of qualifications. If you had an instrument, maybe. Anything beyond that and probably not.

Chris