ATP flight school or any other?

Really? I’d assume those are the people when you asked them what was their previous job before airlines and they respond with flight instructing and no other previous work experience.

Bingo Al.

I almost believe having a “regular” job before getting hired at an airline should be a requirement just to give someone a little perspective.

Adam

1 Like

Avreen,

I have never thought that this was a stressful job. That isn’t to say that I haven’t experienced stress on the job. There have been brief moments when I have been stressed, but it almost always involves handling passenger comfort, not operating the aircraft.

Tory

Thank you so much everyone! It helped me a lot.

Avreen,

I do enjoy being a pilot. Of course there are moments of stress, but in a strange way I like those too. I have thought about other career paths and can’t possibly imagine doing anything else.

Chris

That’s great! Hearing positive experiences motivate me a lot!

Hi everyone,

I was reaching out to flight schools near me and I came to know through my college that there is a local college which provides associates degree in flight science. As I am doing Bachelors in Psychology, would you recommend me to do both at the same time?

Avreen,

Frankly I don’t see the need. The airlines don’t require or even desire an aviation degree. I’d save my money for flight training.

Adam

Avreen,

What’s your thought process on why you think you should do both?

Tory

Actually, I came to know that the flight training is also included in that degree and most of the cost can also be covered by financial aid. So, that’s why I was thinking like that. Do you guys prefer this or not?

Avreen,

If you visit our FAQ section you’ll see our thoughts. As I state above I’ve never seen the point in aviation degrees. As for the training it really depends on the program. While the cost is a consideration and flight training through many college programs can be very expensive you also want to make sure the training is consistent and will get you all the licenses and ratings you’ll need.

Adam

Thank you so much for the information. I will definitely do it this way.

Avreen,

What would be the benefit of taking the class now?

Tory

I was thinking to get my training done as I am doing my Bachelors, both together and I after my Bachelors is done, I will start gaining my flight hours. This was my plan.

I understand that much, but why now? Thats the question. I’m trying to get you to look beyond the here and now for a moment and ask yourself if it’s absolutely necessary for you to do this right now and how will that benefit you in the long run?

How many more years of your bachelors degree do you have?
How long will the aviation science degree take?
How much will it cost?
How will you remain current?
How will you remain proficient for the next stage?
How will you time build to be eligible for ATP?
How much will it cost in the end?

At the end of the day this is up to you. You need to weigh the pros and cons and decide for yourself. You know how we feel about aviation degrees, but you need to decide what is best for you.

Tory

I went over everything and I realized it’s going to be so much stress if I will start doing aviation degree and I will have to spend a lot of money on that too. So I will just save my money for training. I have a question, I can’t go to ATP for flight training and there’s a local flight school I’m planning to attend. Do you have any suggestions what should I need to know before going there? I had a conversation with them, also read these things on their website that there about 3 to 4 students per aircraft and they have only limited number of students so that they can provide them good training. I am read to work hard, but I just want to ensure somehow that, that flight school is good for me.

Avreen,

Here’s a piece Chris put together that should be helpful.

Adam

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’ll keep this in mind and will definitely ask them.

Avreen,

I can’t possibly imagine that a flight school is saying that they only have three to four students per aircraft. I just don’t see how they could even pay the bills like that. If they are saying that, I suggest you did deeper.

Chris

Okk, I will confirm all that. Thank you!