BA or BS Degree?

Do major airlines care/prefer if you have a Bachelor of Science degree over a Bachelor of Arts degree?

Imran,

As stated in our FAQ and almost daily on multiple threads, the airlines do not care about your field of study nor BS or BA. They want a 4yr Bachelor’s degree.

Adam

Imran,

Not at all. They simply want to see a four year degree from a legitimate college.

Chris

Thank you

Anytime. Let us know how else we can help you.

Wanted to ask about flying without college education at all, do I need it to fly commercially? I know most big airlines prefer it but say I get through ATP without college education and get all my time done for flying in all ways in the one engine, to multi engine, pass all exams can I still get a job at commercial airlines? Cause through this program im going to be in debt by a lot of money and want to be able to pay it off quite quickly and don’t want to add on to the debt with a a college degree and be in debt 250,000. And is it possible to fly regional without it and then get a job with commercial airlines because I would have more experience without the college education?

Yes you can fly at a regional airline without a college degree. However, major airlines will want a college degree and it is good to have a backup plan if aviation doesn’t work out. You can do this by doing online college at a regional airline. The major should not be aviation related because it will help you get a job outside aviation if it doesn’t work out.

Hope this helps.

Brandon,

This topic is covered in depth in the FAQ section, check it out for a full length article on the topic.

The short answer is that you will not need a degree for the regionals and you will for the major airlines.

Chris

Brandon,

As Chris said this is covered in depth in our FAQ section but the debt excuse is really just that, an excuse. Many people go to community college for minimal expense with financial aid. After that you could use credit from your 2yr degree as well as credit for your pilot licenses and ratings and end up with a 4yr degree for no where near the amount you mention.

You could get hired at a Regional but when all your friends are moving on to Majors making 2-4 times what you are because they took the time to earn degrees you will be kicking yourself.

Adam