Career Pilot Program, post training

Hello,

After completing your training (and after the CFI academy), if you are unable to get a position with ATP for flight instruction, do you still have access to the ATP hiring partnerships when you reach your hours?

David,

The partnerships are contingent on you instructing for ATP. Now many of the airlines have other pathways or incentives but you would need to solicit those in your own.

Adam

Adam,

Thanks for that. Is there any available information (or other forum readers) which can show how many graduates were not able to be an ATP CFI?

David

David,

Not that I’m aware of but I’m sure you could contact ATP and ask.

That said David getting instructor position with ATP isn’t that difficult a task (I mean they have me one so the bar isn’t that high!). Do well in training and be a good student and you’ll get offered a position.

Adam

1 Like

Thats good to know. Do you mind revealing if it was at your home training location or not?

David,

It was. I wanted Jersey and at the time no one else did.

Adam

David,

I initially had to take a training location that I did not prefer. I then requested a transfer to my desired location and was back there within two months.

Chris

Chris,

In those two months, did you find a month-by-month lease, or did you just rent a hotel?

Ben

Ben,

I stayed at a Crossland’s Studio, which was part of Extended Stay America. “Charming” is not exactly how I would describe it, but it met my needs at the time.

Chris

2 Likes

David,

I was fortunate and got back to my training roots in New Jersey. There are always transfer opportunities as ATP is the most accelerated way to the airlines and instructors come-and-go throughout the journey.

Ben,

When I was instructing, I utilized ATP Housing, but was continuously looking for a place in the event another student needed housing. I used Facebook Marketplace (met a United aircraft mechanic) and other apartment searching tools; most were not within a comfortable budge but could be doable.

Brady

1 Like

David,

I got my home location as well. If you do well in the program you should get offered a position. Being flexible will help get your desired location in the future. It typically isn’t long before some kind of movement occurs.

Hannah