Real Answers from Real Pilots

Checking In Ground Level!

Whew! Scared me for a minute!

2 Likes

You both @Adam & @Tory . :joy:

1 Like

What is the matter with having the Top Gun music for a ring tone? Should I change mine?

1 Like

Fun fact Chris, I have never seen the movie…so I really don’t get the reference to the theme song.

Chris if you have it it’s too late, changing it won’t help!

Adam

1 Like

Brady,

It’s an old standing joke (maybe this many years later it’s faded) but in EVERY airline newhire class there’s at least 1 guy who’s got the theme as his ring tone. That guy (who’s usually a Riddle grad) is gonna be “that guy” all through training.

Adam

Brady,
If you haven’t seen it, you must! It’s a classic. One of my family’s favorites growing up so I’ve seen it dozens of times. A lot of aviation references come from that movie so you’ll be more “in the know”, just please promise you won’t become “that guy” and set the theme song as your ring tone :joy:

-Hannah

1 Like

Brady you know Hannah actually brings up an excellent point. For you to be this far along in aviation and never seen Top Gun is actually a little disturbing and something you really need to remedy. You see every pilot who sees it harbors a desire to be Maverick and has a deep reverence for the film. However this desire and reverence must be kept suppressed less you be seen as uncool (and as you know by now, pilots by definition are SUPER cool). By having the ring tone you’re letting you’re exposing your hidden desire and therefore are “uncool” which is a terrible faux pas.

I know it’s complicated. Once you have some more hours and experience you’ll understand :wink:

Adam

2 Likes