Colorado springs

Hi, my name is Drake Steele and Im from Michigan and I just had my intro flight today. I am really interested on going out to the Colorado Springs facility this October to train. But I have a few questions maybe someone attending there or is instructing there can help me with?

Welcome, Drake,

I am not sure if anyone from that location is currently active on the forum, but I encourage you to ask away. We will do our best to provide you with answers or, at the very least, point you in the right direction.

Tory

That’s okay but I was just curious as in how’s the housing like over there and the prices that I will be paying to stay and what the instructor/student ratio is.

Drake,

Tory is right, regardless of location the answers to the questions you have will most likely be the same as any other. ATP strives to standardize training throughout all their locations to ensure all students receive the same level of quality training and access to the same resources.

Further, any particulars (like instructors) may very well have moved on in the time since someone had been there.

Adam

Drake,

I am not sure we have anybody from that location on here, but please post your questions and let’s see if we can help.

Chris

Drake,

Check out ATP’s website. For Colorado Springs, I am showing 8 CFIs. ATP does a good job at maintaining a manageable student to instructor ratio at all of their locations. So, that is rarely a concern.

As for housing, housing is offered at the Colorado Springs location: Airline Career Pilot Program Housing / ATP Flight School

Tory

We have 24 students, 8 instructors, and 6 aircraft (5 CE-172 Skyhawks and 1 PA-44 Seminole) at COS. It is supported with additional resources as needed from our much larger locations at APA and GKY.

Oh cool! Also an curious on how busy your airport is? Is there a lot of traffic?

Drake,

As of right now, there are currently only 6 planes operating on the ground, 1 business jet on final, and 3 small planes in the vicinity.

I would not classify COS as a busy airport. I have flown in and out of COS for a regional airline and from what I remember it was a very quiet airport.

Tory

I have never found COS to be very busy when I have flown in there. Usually it seems it is one or two airliners and some ATP airplanes.

Chris

1 Like

Drake,

I’d second that, all the times I’ve been in there it’s been relatively quiet. Seems to me to be a great place to have it quiet enough for beginning flight training but with good opportunities for your instrument phase of training when you want more activity to learn from.

Hannah

Does anyone know how much the housing is there in cos? I sent the housing line an email but never got a response

$200 Week

Adam

Drake,

Screenshot right from Adam’s link, $200/week:

Brady

Is there anything that I should need to bring to apartment

how many of the pilots live there or did their own housing

Drake,

That is a question for housing, at this time all we can see from ATP’s website is room(s) available. I’d recommend calling Admin/Housing tomorrow during normal business hours for that question; (904)-595-7950.

Brady

Drake,

Typically the housing is furnished in terms of beds, couches, and kitchen essentials. You just need to bring your own bed linens, food, and luggage.

Hannah