Compass Admission Test

Hello,
I am horrible at tests! Always needed extra time when I was in school, which was over ten years ago. Needless to say I would like to try and study ahead of time. Anyone have some good resources to prepare for the compass test?

Ricci,

While Iā€™ve never taken the test myself, if you browse the forum you see a number of posts from students who have recently taken the test and they all say itā€™s an aptitude test that canā€™t really be studied for.

Adam

Ricci,

There is no studying for this test, it is simply an aptitude test designed to measure learning ability.

Chris

Thank you both, that actually helped a lot. Based off of their responses I found this and it help me wrap my brain around it.

Ricci,

Nice link, an aptitude ā€˜testā€™ is not as bad as it may sound. You should have a time limit and varies subjects that will be covered. A lot of airlines will use them in their hiring process. I always found the maze one to be a fun challenge and try to complete it entirely, itā€™s hard when youā€™re using a mouse to trace point A to B.

Brady

Ricci,

As others have said, you canā€™t really study for these kind of tests but they are often used to get an idea of how a pilot thinks. American has a ā€œpilot skills testā€ in their hiring process.

I recommend downloading the app Lumosity. Thereā€™s a free and paid version with a variety of games to increase your cognitive function. It starts with baseline tests to see where youā€™re at and then recommends certain games to increase your weaker areas like memory, quick recall, problem solving, etc.

Hannah

1 Like