Deciding to attend a flight school

Hunter,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for posting! If you can get the military to pay for your ratings that is a great way to go. If not, you can always go to a flight school, get your ratings and then reapply to the military. I am no expert on military requirements, but I have heard that already having all of your ratings can be a big boost when applying. When choosing a flight school I recommend that you ask them this list of questions: Questions For Any Prospective Flight School

As to the prices of training, with ATP the price is exactly as is quoted, you can find that here: https://atpflightschool.com/airline-career-pilot-program/index.html I financed my training and was able to pay the loan off in half the time that was allotted for it. I will say that I worked really hard to do this and made some sacrifices, but it was worth it to get out of debt early.

Last link for you. Look here to get an idea of what pilots of all levels actually earn in compensation: What Do Pilots Really Earn?

Feel free to post any and all questions as you think of them. I look forward to working with you.

Chris