Denied entry due to Comm license?

Hey team,
My name is Drew and I’m new here. I’ve got a question for the masses in hopes of getting some guidance: looking to go through ATP but I’m being told I cannot as I have a rotary wing commercial license. Has anyone found a workaround for this?
Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Andrew,

ATP has 2 points of entry. One with zero time and one with credit for your fixed wing PPL.

Now I don’t know who you spoke with, but if you were looking to get your Comm add-on (which would make sense), then no ATP doesn’t have a program for you, but if you simply wanted to start the entire program with zero time and no credit for your rotary licenses I can’t imagine them saying no?

Adam

Adam,

I was looking to do the point of entry from zero experience (I’ve never flown fixed wing), and they said they don’t accept anyone with more than a PPL no matter the category or class. I reached back out and asked the point of contact to run it back up the channels to double check (which they were happy to do). I really don’t understand it, especially when I have a company commander (I’m army reserve) who did that same thing through ATP about a year and a half ago!

Thanks for the prompt reply,

Drew

Drew,

This is definitely above my pay grade but I’m surprised. That said I know the demand for spots is the highest it’s ever been.

If it were me Id keep pushing up the chain.

Adam

Drew,

Very interesting case here. If you decide to push this up the chain of command, I would be curious to hear what comes back for the future.

Brady

Adam/Brady,

I’ve sent up the question and I’ll let you know what they say!

Drew

My understanding is that ATP is not currently enrolling anybody with an instrument rating or higher. This includes rotor.

Chris

Hey everyone, after confirming with ATP, they will not accept military pilots into their programs.

Thank you all for the feedback,

Drew

Andrew,

It isn’t that they do not accept military pilots, they do not accept pilots that already have their instrument or higher, which you do. Same rules apply to civilians and military.

Chris