Difficulty of getting accepted into envoy cadet program

Hey all. I will be joining ATP in a few months, since I will be graduating college later this month. I wanted to know the difficulty of getting accepting into the envoy cadet program to eventually join envoy. I’ve always wanted to eventually work in American Airlines. Given I hopefully don’t fail any checkride, and the interview goes well, based on previous experiences applying to the program, what do you think is the chance of getting accepted into it? (Also taking into account the current pilot shortage)

Gonzalo,

Given you have a good training record, no blemishes on your record and a good interview, you shouldn’t have any trouble getting in to the cadet program. Companies want to hire pilots, especially now. Put your best foot forward, prepare accordingly and don’t give them a reason not to hire you and you’ll be fine.

Hannah

1 Like

I am with Hannah here. With the way the regionals are now, if you do well and do not have any major blemishes on your record, you should have an excellent chance of being picked up by Envoy.

Of course, everything is subject to change with the economy, etc, but it seems like the pilot shortage is here to stay for awhile. Even without the shortage, there was still a demand for pilots and people got hired. Adam and I both got hired in the non shortage days, it just took a bit more patience and working a little harder, but plenty of people started careers then.

Chris

1 Like

Gonzalo,

If you meet the prerequisites for Envoy’s Cadet Program, I don’t see any problem with your chances. Things in the industry could change in a newsflash, but the way things seem right now - everyone is looking for qualified and skilled pilots.

Which location are you attending with ATP? Also “few months,” have you started preparing to take any of the required writtens for the program?

Brady

1 Like