Envoy July 2024 Schedule - Roscoe

Hey everyone!

July was another great month of flying. Due to delays and some staffing needs, I was reassigned to a few different flights and overnights, but it didn’t really impact the footprint of any my trips (the finish times were either the same or earlier). I was displaced off the majority of my third trip of the month, for IOE purposes, and wasn’t reassigned to any flying, so I got an extra 3 days off! I was also able to grab some solid OT this month, with some lengthy day turns out of DFW. I was aggressive with picking up OT knowing that I have vacation coming up in August, and I’m planning on flying as little as possible around it to maximize the time off.

At the start of July, I was lucky enough to have a couple of days flying one of our brand new aircraft. It was delivered to us mid-June from Embraer and it only had around 50 landing gear cycles on it at the time we flew it! Needless to say, it was an great experience. It certainly spoiled me and showed what these aircraft are like when they are brand new. It still had that new plane smell, fresh FMS and panel buttons, and a shiny exterior and wheel wells; the list goes on. You can see some pictures I took of it below!

I often get questioned about why I chose Envoy (being from Charlotte, which is a PSA and Piedmont base). One of the factors that influenced my decision was that I wanted a regional that was continuing to grow and had a bright future ahead. The delivery of countless new aircraft since I started, including these brand new deliveries from Embraer, shows how much American Airlines group trusts Envoy and is continuing to invest in our growth. A big reason I continue to share my monthly schedules on this forum is to share my personal experience with Envoy for potential new hires and those new to the industry. I hope some of you find this helpful!

Our brand new E175! (N318JE)

Here was my schedule for the month of July:

Originally Awarded
Block: 69:35
Credit: 72:33
Days Off: 14

Actual
Monthly Flight time: 68:39
Credited time: 108:53 (80:01+ 28:52 hours OT)
Nights away from base: 9
Days off: 14

1 - OFF
2 - DFW-GRK-DFW-GCK
3 - GCK-DFW-FAR
4 - FAR-DFW-BRO
5 - BRO-DFW-FWA-DFW
6 - OFF
7 - OFF
8 - OFF
9 - DFW-ILM-DFW-CRP
10 - CRP-DFW-MAF
11 - MAF-DFW / DFW-HSV (DHD)
12 - HSV-DFW-MAF-DFW
13 - OFF
14 - OFF
15 - OFF
16 - DFW-ILM-DFW
17 - OFF (DISP)
18 - OFF (DISP)
19 - OFF (DISP)
20 - OFF
21 - OFF
22 - SICK (Called in sick for an OT turn)
23 - DFW-SGF-DFW-TRI
24 - TRI-DFW-AVL
25 - AVL-MIA-CHS-MIA
26 - MIA-DFW (DHD)
27 - DFW-ABI-DFW-GSP-DFW (OT)
28 - OFF
29 - DFW-RAP-DFW (OT)
30 - DFW-SDF-DFW (OT)
31 - OFF

Thanks!

Roscoe

1 Like

There is nothing quite like a brand new airplane, I always enjoy flying them as well.

Roscoe,

Don’t worry I get asked this question nearly every commute from CLT-IAD or vice versa. It’s all about picking the right horse if you get the analogy. You never know when you’re going to be stuck at an employer longer than you planned. The financial strength and longevity of the company is SO important because if you get furloughed or the company goes under, you’re jobless and back at the bottom again. Talk about a loss of seniority…

Hannah

2 Likes

Any new airplane smell? Is it just like a new car smell?

Brady

2 Likes