Envoy July Schedule 2023 - Roscoe

Hey everyone,

An update for the month of August. I managed to be lucky enough to pick up lots of flying this month, compared to May and June. The past couple of months I’ve struggled to pick up open time via our proffering system (daily bidding for trips whilst on reserve), since I was near the bottom of the DFW reserve list. But this month, I managed to be lucky and was rewarded most of the trips I wanted. I was only actually on ‘reserve’ for three days of the month, the rest were awarded trips the day prior. I even managed to get a PHX based trip which had some fun west coast flying. I experienced lots of mountainous terrain this month, which was a good, challenging experience (ABQ, ELP, GJT, RNO etc…). What I’m enjoying so far at Envoy is the diverse flying we do. We fly almost everywhere in the continental US, and I had flights this month as long as 4 hours and as short as 25 minutes. Here’s how my month looked:

Monthly Flight time: 60.5
Credited time: 80.2 (75 min guarantee + 5.2 hours OT)
Nights away from base: 13
Days off: 10

1 - DFW-ABI (APT STBY) (Deadhead back)
2 - OFF
3 - OFF
4 - OFF
5 - DFW-JAN-DFW (RAP RSV)
6 - DFW-ORD (APT STBY) (Deadhead back)
7 - PHX-SBP (Deadhead from DFW to PHX)
8 - SBP-PHX-GJT-PHX-SBP
9 - SBP-PHX (Deadhead to DFW)
10 - OFF
11 - DFW-HOU (OT)
12 - HOU-DFW-LFT-DFW
13 - OFF
14 - DFW-AUS-RNO-AUS
15 - AUS-ABQ-AUS-ELP
16 - ELP-PHX-MAF
17 - MAF-DFW
18 - OFF
19 - OFF
20 - DFW-GRK
21 - GRK-DFW-BRO
22 - Full day in BRO
23 - BRO-DFW-MAF-DFW-AMA
24 - AMA-DFW
25 - OFF
26 - OFF
27 - OFF
28 - DFW-XNA-DFW-TUL-DFW-CLL
29 - CLL-DFW-LIT
30 - LIT-DFW-CHA
31 - CHA-DFW

Next month I have a two week vacation and was awarded a composite line (typically a mix of reserve and line flying). Crew scheduling did me a favor and built a really nice schedule around my vacation. I only fly 10 days of the month and all are line trips, so no reserve for me next month! I also suspect I will hold a line in September. One of the advantages of being in our cadet program is that you begin to build seniority for vacation accrual from the day you sign as a cadet. So since I have been a cadet for more than a year, I had 10 days of paid vacation to use this year! Looking forwards to some time off as I am just shy of having 200 flight hours for the company. Still enjoying the 175!

Thanks!

Roscoe

15 Likes

Looks like a good one! Have a great month!!

-Hayden

1 Like

That’s awesome!! I start school in November and am happy to see how your journey has progressed in the program; I didn’t know what to expect after finishing. I am leaving the nursing field (ER specifically) and look forward to the excitement and variety aviation offers. BTW, pretty sweet plane you’re flying…enjoy your vacation!

1 Like

Roscoe,

Fun looking schedule! Definitely a lot of west and southern flying going on here. I might have missed it previously, what’s the highest altitude you’ve been up to yet? I think the E175 goes to FL410 right?

Brady

Brady,

Highest I’ve gone up to so far is FL390 on a ferry flight to ORD with no passengers. We are pretty weight limited at the higher altitudes (above FL390), so we need a really light load to make it all the way up our ceiling of FL410.

Roscoe

Very cool, what’s your normal cruising Mach? I love on the CLT arrivals we are asked “what’s your best Mach you can provide” and we’re like “.78 is the max” as if they don’t already know that from all PDT E145’s.

Brady

You need to fly some XRs! .80 baby! (until you get some “Hi Steve!”). Ahhhh the good old days… :grinning:

Adam

1 Like

290/.74M is standard for the climb, 290/.78M is standard for the descent. 0.82M/320 is our max cruising speed, but we sit around 0.76-0.80M most of the time. I haven’t had any issues yet where they ask us to go faster than we can, but we do get the occasional “max forward” into DFW which ends up being 310 to give us some buffer.

Roscoe

I thought standard speed was whatever is just slightly below red line. I am confused.

1 Like