Envoy ORD?

Hey everyone! I was wondering if there is anyone flying for Envoy or AA based out of ORD willing to share what their schedule looks like. Or if you used to be based out of ORD flying for Envoy or AA, what cities did you frequently overnight in?

Secondly, for anyone based out of ORD in general how’s life? The weather? Pros and cons of being based out of ORD?

Thank you!

• Envoy Cadet

I think you’d be better served going here:

Adam

Mekhi,

We can’t promise you there’s any active aviators out of ORD, we do have Roscoe who is an active member, Envoy FO, based in DFW that shares his experiences, schedules and advice.

If you’re a cadet for Envoy, I recommend reviewing Adam’s shared link, AND also seeing about getting in personal contact with an Envoy ORD pilot if your questions revolve around ORD specifically. I have flown with many ORD pilots and have had them join in the jumpseat, many of which enjoy ORD.

Brady

Mekhi,

Hey! As Brady mentioned, I’m a current Envoy FO based in DFW. If you take a look at my profile, you’ll be able to find my schedules each month for the past year, including a review of my initial training with Envoy. ORD is our most junior base, so I don’t foresee a challenge getting it out of training (as of right now). The operation and schedules at ORD won’t differ much from DFW. Expect a majority of your trips to be flights in and out of ORD to nearby regional airports (think states like Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc….). We have flights of 4+ hours and some that are 20 minutes. So we have a great variety of destinations across the US. You will also find plenty of trips that leave your base and don’t return until the last day. You could find yourself going through DCA, CLT, MIA, DFW, or PHX, and doing turns from those airports during your trip. Out of ORD you’ll do some Canada flying, in DFW we visit Mexico frequently, and in Miami you’ll do some Caribbean flying. There is no lack of variety! Typically we do 4 day trips, but the union has been pushing for more 3 day trips and I’ve already noticed more on our August bid packet.

As for ORD itself, I can’t speak on the lifestyle, since I was never based there. I know captains I’ve flown with, who were on the E145, have said ORD has better overnights. It is a challenging airport, especially on the ground taxiing, and you will deal with weather in the winter. But with any airport you’re based at, you will get comfortable and understand the typical operations fairly quickly.

You won’t see much ORD flying on my schedules because I don’t like the cold! I also prefer trips that stay near DFW or pass through CLT, where I grew up. The E175 is a fantastic airplane and I have only good things to say about my experience so far at Envoy.

Hope this helps a little!

Roscoe