Eye Sights

I am 52 and as most people start to need reading glasses in their mid-40’s, I am one who needs them to read.

Would this stop me from getting my commercial licence and being hired for a major airline?

Andre,

As long as you can be corrected to 20/20, you will be fine. I think your age is a far more serious concern, check out the FAQ section for more info on that.

Chris

Andre,

Many pilots need reading glasses as they age (myself included) and it’s not an issue.

I do have to say if you’re just starting out at 52 you will not be flying for Major. There simply aren’t enough years left for you to fly.

Adam

I’m not looking for a pension, just something cool to do at the end of my working life. I was given $80K for any education I want, and pilot is what came to mind more than anything else. But if I won’t even get hired after I finish training, then oh well, it sucks but I can accept that.

Andre,

I didn’t say you wouldn’t get hired as a pilot, I said you’d never fly for a Major airline. If you think you’d enjoy 10 yrs flying for a Regional airline than you should do it.

Adam

thank you