FAA written test Experience

Hello,

I’m starting my training in November, and I have done three written tests so far.

PAR 80%
IRA 92%
FII 92%

I’m willing to do my CAX and looking forward to do the FOI and FIA as well.

Studying method:
For PAR, I studied the entire gleim Private Pilot knowledge test Prep and used the Sporty’s buddy app. It took me around ten days of preparing.

For the IRA and FII, I studied gleim Instrument knowledge test prep and the sheppard air which took me about seven days of studying.

Varshil,

I would say you’re off to a good start, you will be able to get done all of the remaining writtens prior to November…it will greatly help ease your transition into the program!

Brady

Than you Sir. I’m going to let you know how i do on my other remaining writtens.

Varshil,

Great job knocking those exams out! I am surprised how few people take the writtens before starting. I’ve only met one other at my training center. Everyone else just looks forlorn and tells me how lucky I am. :thinking: With everything that gets thrown at you once classes start, you’ll be extremely grateful you put in the time and energy to get those tests out of the way early. Keep it up! :+1:

Eli

1 Like

Luck had nothing to do with it, hard work did.

1 Like

Amen, brother!

Eli

Eli, only we know the amout of study we put doing those exams, i’m a full time employe until i start my training and i’m a full time bodybuilder, so it is really hard for me to work, study and workout and still getting those writtens done is a little challenging but not imposible.

1 Like

Varshil,

I was taking all my writtens while working fulltime, officiating soccer, and taking firefighting classes - it is doable. It is time management or sacrificing a day or two of an activity to complete a written. The more writtens you complete now, the easier your life will be when you start.

Brady