22. CUN-IAD, IAD-BOS
  23. BOS-EWR, EWR-RDU, RDU-EWR
  24. Off
  25. Off
  26. Off
  27. Off
  28. Off
1 Like

I assume having all day in SAN is unusual. Did you have the day free to do what you want or were you required to stay at/near the airport or hotel.

Ryan

1 Like

Ryan,

It is unusual to have a whole day off while doing domestic flying, but not unheard of. I had the whole day completely free of duty. I actually had my girlfriend fly out and spend the day with me so I turned it into a free mini vacation.

Chris

4 Likes

Ryan,

I should point out that when I flew internationally our overnights were always at least 24 hours long and could sometimes be 48 or 72 hours.

Chris

1 Like

Chris,

Since you ended in SAN and departed from SAN, the airlines paid for the hotel and per diem correct? If so, was the per diem for a full day, 8 hr shift, or etc??

Ryan

1 Like

Ryan,

Yes, the airlines always pay for our hotels and the transportation to and
from them. Per diem is paid from the minute I leave my base (Newark) until
the minute I return, so it is basically paid for the entire time I am on
the trip.

Chris

1 Like

How many flight hours did you work during this month??

I believe it was about ninety.

1 Like

I’ve been wondering about how much is the min flight time guaranteed each month at United?

72 hours is min guarantee.

I believe you had stated that you usually fly about a total of 900 hours a year, does that include all of the extra hours you work?

I fly about 900 hours per year as I fly extra, but I get paid for more because of things like vacation and training pay. On average, I would say that I have pay credit for about 1,050 hours per year, but that is just a guess.

1 Like

@Chris Hi Chris, so just looking at the schedule, so your first flight was BOS-EWR, then you had four days off. Does that mean for those four days you stayed in EWR?

No, I went home to South Bend on those days.

1 Like