First Pilot Resume

Hello Folks,

I’ve done some research on things that are absolutely necessary for a pilot resume - obviously flight time, flight relevant experience, ratings, aviation volunteerism, notable aviation designations, etc

As a career changer coming with 10 years of software sales experience and absolutely no flight experience outside of upcoming ATP flight training and anticipated CFI work, would it make sense to also include some of this unrelated professional experience in a pilot’s resume as well to stick out? Is it worth even spinning it to try to be relevant to the job?

If no, I’d like to understand how I should be filling the gaps to differentiate sooner than later as an older hire and career changer.

T,

As a general rule the airline will want to know what you’ve been doing for the last 10yrs or so (aviation related or otherwise).

You might want to think about successfully completing your flight training as you have years before you’ll be preparing that resume.

Adam

T,

You will have to include your past work experience on your applications. I would not bother trying to “spin” anything. The airlines are looking for flight time and pilot experience. There really are very few ways that a non-pilot job could apply to being a pilot.

Chris