Flight time?

Hello!

I am curious so my question regarding long flight lets say 15hrs. On that flight, lets say you are the captain or FO, and one other captain and FO because long flight requires break time for each of the captain and FO after a certain number of hours.

In this case, do all four of the pilots get 15 hrs pay? Or only the hours the person sitting in the seat during that time get paid? Do they get pay for the break time in another word.

Thanks!

Nate,

All pilots get paid for the full length of the flight, whether they are on a break or not.

Chris

Thanks Chris! Do they teach this in ATP class? Technically if a pilot is on break and sleeping, he is not adding value to the flight as the one sitting in the seat.
But it’s nice they still get pay for full 15 hours.

Nate,

Pilots generally log all flight time, regardless of whether they are flying or on break. Logging flight time is something that should be covered during your pilot training.

Chris

Nate,

As a regulatory requirement I would argue that the resting pilot is in fact adding value. No Relief Officer, no 15hr flight. In fact if the flight is over 12hrs you need 2 extras.

Adam

Thanks both, this is good information.