Foggles for those of us that wear glasses

Any recommendations? I bought the highest rated one on Amazon (the ones that look like safety goggles), but they would not fit over my prescription glasses.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

Kenneth,

I’ve had a student recommend Feather IFR Training Hood for those with glasses. I tried them on and they seem to work well, material is decent. I actually got sick off of IFR training glasses one hot summer day and bumps.

Brady

3 Likes

Brady,

Curious what you think of these. I’ve ordered them, but I have not used them yet.

Paul,

I’ve seen student use those as well, I have not tried since I do not wear glasses. Never hurts to give something a try, especially if a company like Amazon can do refunds with 30-day money back/credit.

Brady

1 Like

Kenneth,

I wear glasses and have always preferred the hood, I have never liked foggles.

Chris

What do you do with the hood once you hit minimums? Seems like it would be difficult to remove quickly.

You just flip it off and land, or your instructor tells you that you do not see the runway and you go around.

Chris

2 Likes

Do you wear it under or over your headset?

If I recall you tilt your head back…

Adam

Paul,

You will wear the hood or and foggles under your headset as they have either “arms” like on glasses or held on your head by an elastic band.

Brady