GKY March 2024

Hi everyone,

Ive been a reader on the forum for a while now but thought it was time to introduce myself. Im George and I’ll be starting at ATP Arlington this March with credit of my PPL.

I’m 29 years old from the UK and moved to Texas last year with my wife and children (permanent resident card). I’ve wanted to be a pilot for as long as I can remember but living in the UK it was always more of a dream than reality. For the last 10 years I’ve been working as an electrical engineer and gained my PPL so I could fly as a hobby.

Over the summer of 2023 I completed a foreign license conversion with help of a local flight school. This was actually simpler than I thought it would be. A lot of paper work to and from the FAA and UK CAA (known in the UK as the campaign against aviation) but once my license was verified by the local FSDO and a DPE all that I required to do was complete a flight review. If anyone wants to know more about this process feel free to PM me!

More recently I’ve managed to finish all of the written knowledge exams required in the program as well as the IGI in hopes of eventually becoming a gold seal CFI.

As many have done before me, I’m planning to document my journey through the program here on forum to help give other potential students an insight into life at ATP.

I look forward to flying with you all!

George

2 Likes

George,

First, welcome to the forum, to the United States as a permanent resident, AND an enrollment date for ATP in March! :slight_smile:

Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions, we always love see progress and journeys, so if you have time (outside of all that studying and flying you’ll be doing), please share yours.

Brady

1 Like

I did all my training at GKY (before they built the new building) and always thought it was a great location to train. Not a super busy airport, controlled, and a very short flight to the practice area. Enjoy the ride!

1 Like